Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment is exceptional in that it may benefit a wide variety of conditions.
The reason for this is simple…hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) treats the “common denominators” shared by many diseases…including low oxygen levels (“hypoxia”), reduced blood flow (hypoperfusion), and inflammation.
Oxygen is involved in 5,769 known cellular processes. Many diseases thrive in a low-oxygen environment. Lack of oxygen and blood flow to the cells along with inflammation causes a cascade of effects on the body, including an increase in oxidative stress (aging), and a reduced ability to absorb nutrients and remove toxins at the cellular level. This further reduces the efficiency of the cells to produce the energy required to repair and regenerate, and keep the body healthy and functioning properly.
Many chronic illnesses share these and other common factors, including immune system dysregulation, metabolic disorders, and gut dysbiosis, to name a few.
So why do we become unhealthy in the first place? The reasons are as varied as we are as individuals. Generally speaking, however, we are exposed to many more toxins than in previous generations. Our diets are less than ideal, and our foods less nutritious due, in part, to depleted soils, and processed foods. Our stress levels are high, activity levels low. We don’t get out in nature enough…we sustain injuries…contract infections…develop counterproductive habits…and our genetic predispositions may play a role. With such significant challenges to our immune and other body systems, it is remarkable that anyone is truly healthy.
It is never just one thing that makes us unhealthy, as the body is resilient and has numerous compensatory and “fail safe” measures…but every system has its weak points, and the cumulative effect of repeated and varied insults over time may increase our susceptibility to illness.
What are some of the reported benefits of hyperbaric oxygen in treating traumatic, acute, and chronic diseases and conditions?
- Activates 8,101 healing genes
- Stimulates DNA to produce growth and repair hormones and receptors
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces hypoperfusion,/increases blood flow/circulation
- Releases stem cells
- Improves immune function (increases white blood cell production)
- Promotes angiogenesis (growth of new blood vessels)
- Has antimicrobial properties/treats/helps prevent infections
- Improves cellular metabolism/efficiency
- Assists in healing and regeneration of neural tissue
- Promotes wound healing
- Reduces swelling and edema
- Increases production of collagen
- Reduces pain in certain conditions
- Improves bone regeneration
- Improves rate of healing from surgeries
- Decreases effects from radiation injury
- Improves recovery from athletic over-training/injury
- MORE INFO TO COME…